Gadgeten innehöll ett fel

måndag 4 oktober 2010

No internet - Happily devouring art

Hey, it's been a while. I don't have internet here at school so haven't been able to update really.

Nevertheless everything is fine! lack of internet gives me a lot of spare time. Been doing a lot of drawing and painting these days (I've almost filled 2 sketchbooks since school start! ) Thought I'd drop some work in progress on things I've been working on.

First off, an illustration based on autumn. To me, this is the most beautiful time of the year. When ever I see the falling leaves being carried away by the win I see a small dragon playing around with them. I wanted to paint that dragon and capture the warmth and joy that can be found all around even though the nights are longer and the days are colder. Still working on this piece.



Second off, a quick dragon concept for fun.. haven't done a 'traditional' dragon in a long time so thought it was about time. Wanted to show it at this stage before rendering it. Also did some fooling around with colours imitating the style of - Kekai Kotaki - one of my favourite artists. His work is beyond this world!



Thirdly, the ArtOrder blog has another challenge running. I am ashamed to have missed the deadline of the last one.. If I keep messing up deadlines I'll never be able to work as a freelance artist hehe.. so I have to finish this one.
The challenge is about painting a creature based on the books by H.P Lovecraft. I've decided to give the creature 'Shantak' a shot. It's a huge dragonbirdmonster thing. Think it'll turn out pretty cool, got some insane ideas for this one.


Also adding some digital still life's I've been doing these days.. to sum things up, I fucking love drawing!



take care, hope to be more frequent once I get internet
~M

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar